You can now boot Uncharted 3 on custom firmware v3.55–using this patch. The tutorial is available below. It’s important to note that the game will freeze if you attempt to access ‘Drake’s Journal’.
(1) Install Uncharted 3 onto the PS3
(2) delete camera.txt from dev_hdd0/GAMES/BCES01175/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/build/main/movies1/
(3) Replace the EBOOT.BIN in dev_hdd0/GAMES/BCES01175/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/ with the one included in the RAR
(4) Launch Game
GOING TO DRAKE’S JOURNAL FREEZES GAME. UPDATE 1.01 FIXES THIS BUG, BUT IS ENCRYPTED. DO NOT UPDATE THE GAME, IT WILL BECOME UNPLAYABLE ON 3.55.
Update #1: A patch for custom firmware v3.41 / jailbroken PS3 running v3.41 is now available. The process of getting it to work on v3.41 is the same as v3.55.
Cheers to RenegadeRampage for this news tip!
Update #2 (11/1/2011): A new patch for Uncharted 3 has been released. This patch does not cause the game to freeze when accessing the journal. It has been tested to work for Kmeaw’s custom firmware v3.55. Credit goes to violentcris for posting this tutorial.
1. Move PSARC.EXE + zlib.net.dll to \USRDIR\build\main\ of your UNCHARTED 3 GAME DATA folder (not the one included with this package)
2. Extract ALL *.psarc’s into the folder they are already in (\USRDIR\build\main\) on your HDD by dragging each .PSARC file onto PSARC.EXE (delete the .PSARC files after you have extracted them to folders)
When you’re done it should look like this:
**IMPORTANT: When you unpack bin.psarc it creates two folders – empty bin folder and one bindc1 folder with files. Rename folder bindc1 to dc1 and put it in the \main\bin\ folder so it looks like this: \main\bin\dc1\
3. Now, merge included USRDIR folder with the existing one where you extracted your psarcs. OVERWRITE all files when prompted.
4. Transfer to your PS3, load in Multiman, launch from XMB.