We knew this was going to happen sooner or later. Come on, there’s already an NES, SNES, muti-arcade, PSX, blah blah blah emulator that are available for the PS3. So, this was not a surprise. The release of VBA PS3 (GBA emulator) will enable you to run Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance games on your PS3 system. Playing Game Boy Advance games on the big screen? Oh man, this is exciting because it reminds me of the days of Super Game Boy for SNES. Some of you may be too young to know of what a Super Game Boy is, so don’t worry about it.
“This is an application for the PlayStation3 that makes it possible to play
Game Boy Classic / Game Boy Color / Game Boy Advance games on your jailbroken
PlayStation3. It is based on an up-to-date version of the popular PC emulator,
- Saving/loading of SRAM
- Savestate loading/saving support (Savestate slot selectable in-game, Up to 10 saveslots)
Controls in ROM Menu:
- Up – Go up
- Down – Go down
- Left – Go back five file entries
- Right – Go forward five file entries
- L1 – Go back one page
- R1 – Go forward one page
- Cross – (If directory selected) enter directory/ (if ROM selected) start ROM
- Triangle – (If ROM selected) start ROM with multitap support
- Circle – (If not in root directory) Go back to previous directory
- L2 + R2 – (If you previously exited a ROM) return to game
- Select – Go to settings menu (see ‘CONTROLS IN SETTINGS MENU’ section)
Controls in Settings Menu:
- Up – Go up one setting.
- Down – Go down one setting.
- Left – Change setting to the left.
- Right – Change setting to the right.
- Circle – Go back to ROM menu/Go back to previous Settings screen
- Start – Reset the setting back to the default value.
- R1 – Go to the next Settings screen
- L1 – Go to the previous Settings screen
- L3 + R3 – Return back to game (if a ROM is loaded)
Controls in Game:
- R3 + L3 – Press these two buttons together while in-game to go back to the ROM browser menu.
- R3 + R2 – Save to currently selected save state slot
- L3 + L2 – Load from currently selected save state slot
- Right analog stick – Left – Move current savestate slot one slot backwards
- Right analog stick – Right – Move current savestate slot one slot forward
- To play a game with a USB controller as Player 1, start up your PS3 and rather than using the Sixaxis/DualShock3, plug in an USB port before.
- connecting the controller to the PS3 – your USB pad should then become Controller 1.