The following tutorial shows you how to install a modified kiosk firmware v4.00 on your kiosk PS3 console. Keep in mind, this will only enable retail signed packages to be installed via the “Install Package Files” option–unsigned package files/code will not install.
You’ll need the following items before your proceed with the installation:
- E3 Flasher device
- Two hard drives
- Blackb0x FTP
- E3 Flasher downgrade tool
- Dev_flash dump for kiosk v4.00 (see download link below)
BRICK WARNING: BE VERY CAUTIOUS! DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS UNLESS YOU HAVE A E3 FLASHER OR SIMILAR DEVICE TO DOWNGRADE YOUR PS3!
- Downgrade to 3.55 using the downgrade tools from e3
- Once booted back into the xmb turn off the console
- Swap hard drives turn on the system, press the PS button and you will be asked to reinstall the firmware
- Place the pup file from the e3 downgrade tools in the normal PS3/UPDATE usb folder and follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall the firmware
- Then install dev_blind.pkg & Blackb0x FTP from install packages
- Run dev_blind then BlackB0x and FTP into the console
- Goto /dev_blind delete everything and replace them with the files included in the download when finished copying
- Press the ps button and the console should reboot and ask to reinstall the firmware again, switch off the console and swap the hard drive back
- Turn on the console press the ps button twice
- The console should boot back into 3.55 Rogero
- Goto system update and install 4.00 OFW
- Once installed turn the console off again and swap hard drives back and you should boot into a modified 4.00 kiosk firmware.
This only allows installation of retail signed packages and is not modified to run unsigned code.
To unlock the XMB:
Hold L1+R1+Select+Square simultaneously. When the security settings icon is selected. It will ask for you to input a code (four digit code). Enter 0000 if that doesn’t work try 0219.
How-to downgrade back to v3.55:
Swap hard-drives back and you will boot into 4.00OFW then just downgrade with the e3 flasher as normal.