Three high-class Android smartphones are heading their way to the market soon and all are running the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat. HTC M8, Samsung Galaxy S5 and Sony Xperia Z2 feature heavy specs and steep price tags, so which device suits you the best?
Also known as HTC One 2 or HTC Two, HTC M8 will succeed the 2013 flagship smartphone HTC One and expected to be announced in March 25th at London and New York. Based on the images leaked by Weibo, HTC M8 features similar exterior metallic design and looks from HTC One except for a few changes.
Capacitive keys at the bottom of the screen are now on-screen buttons similar to Sony Xperia devices and the headphone jack can be found at the bottom of the smartphone next to the USB port. It is slightly smaller than HTC One Max but the display screen bezel is significantly narrower than former HTC One variants.
Most leaks revealed incremental upgrades on HTC M8 such as 2.3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor via benchmark test scores, similar 2 GB of RAM if not 3 GB, 5-inch screen and 1080p HD display resolution.
Why Choose HTC M8?
- If you like the HTC Sense interface and BlinkFeed, expect Sense 6.0 on M8.
- Metallic exterior made of aluminium casing for premium feeling.
- Dual rear camera sensors with two LED flash.
- Ultrapixel camera is still included.
- Higher battery life of 2900 mAh and removal battery unit.
Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung fans are simply waiting till its official release in stores and network carriers. It boasts significant changes from Galaxy S3 and S4 such as Fingerprint scanner certified by PayPal, IP 67 certification, larger screen display, 1080p full HD resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, 16 MP camera with video stabiliser and microSD support of up to 128 GB.
Most features included on the devices are upgrades on the camera and S Health package. You can check your heart rate using the built-in sensor, track down your exercises and workouts more accurately using the pedometer and a built-in fitness monitor, record videos without worrying about blur or snap photos with a quicker automatic focus.
Why Choose Galaxy S5?
- First Galaxy S smartphone with dust and water protection.
- Improved 16 MP camera with dual shot and video stabiliser.
- Faster Internet download speed using dual antennas and combined connectivity with LTE.
- Better processing speed and multitasking than former Galaxy S flagships.
- Bigger microSD card support plus 50 GB Dropbox cloud storage.
Sony Xperia Z2
Another flagship smartphone with IP certification rated 55/58 that resists dust and water. Unlike Xperia Z1 or Xperia Z, Z2 Sirius features more camera modes than before including Timeshift video and 4K video recording.
Moreover, Sony Mobile upgraded the display size to 5.2 inches and changed the display type to IPS LCD in order to view the screen in various angles. The display remains shatterproof and scratch-resistant with Triluminos and X-Reality mobile engines.
Why Choose Xperia Z2?
- Maximise dual stereo speakers with five audio engines.
- Use the 20.7 MP Sony G lens camera with BIONZ processor and Exmor RS.
- Faster and multitask better than Xperia Z1 or Z2.
- Features the latest Xperia UI with Simple mode.
- Improvements in the STAMINA mode feature.