Final Fantasy 15 might break away from a lot of traditions, but it still has a great soundtrack. This is something the series has always specialized on and it’s nice to see this aspect remain untouched. It’s not yet known if the music here will be in the upper echelons of Final Fantasy history, but the tunes do fit the game.
One really interesting aspect about the sound design is that the music from previous games are here. Not all of the songs, but a couple from each Final Fantasy game can be found in the latest title. Talk about a great bonus for fans of the franchise. Who doesn’t want to listen to older songs from Final Fantasy 6?
A Sound Decision
Here are the list of soundtracks that can be found for use in the Regalia, courtesy of this Reddit user. Most of them are pretty cheap, so fans don’t have to worry about spending too much for them.
- Hammerhead – Leide: Final Fantasy 4 and Final Fantasy 8 (100 Gil)
- Longwhythe Rest Area – Leide: Final Fantasy 2 (100 Gil)
- Galdin Quay – Leide: Final Fantasy 5 (100 Gil)
- Coernix Station – Alstor – Duscae: Final Fantasy 3 (100 Gil)
- Coernix Station – Cauthess – Duscae: Final Fantasy 9 Disc 1 and 2 (100 Gil each)
- Wiz Chocobo Post – Duscae: Final Fantasy 10 (100 Gil)
- Taelpar Rest Are – Duscae: Final Fantasy 6 (100 Gil)
- Coernix Station Lestallum – Cleigne: Final Fantasy 14 Disc 1 and 2 (100 Gil each)
- Old Lestallum – Cleigne: Dissidia Final Fantasy and Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy (500 Gil each)
- Burbost Souvenir Emporium – Cleigne: Final Fantasy 11 Disc 1 to 5 (100 Gil each)
- Verinas Mart – Ravatogh: Final Fantasy 12 (100 Gil)
Music To My Ears
Considering the amount of music in Final Fantasy 15, it seems like fans will have a hard time picking a favorite. Given the amount of new and existing material, it might be easy to just stick with a favorite from the older games.