Ouya succes on Kickstart, shows that there is a good chance for developing more Android’s consoles. New console is GameStick.
Kickstart campaign was set for 100,000 $, and after only a day required amount was collected. Right now they have 2,5 times more then they need.
GameStick will cost 79 $ and its greatest advantage will be the size, only 2 inches. Arround 200 headlines will be playable on this console, since we are talking about mobile games that are very cheap or free. Just like Ouya, GameStick will be completly open platform for everything. It will be released in April this year.
For the end lets take a look at some technical specifications:
- Processor – Amlogic 8726-MX
- Memory – 1GB DDR3 / 8GB FLASH
- Content Download Manager w/ cloud storage for games.
- WiFi – 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth – LE 4.0
- O/S – Android Jelly Bean
- Controller – Bluetooth, 3 mode controller: gamepad, mouse and keyboard with support for up to 4 controllers.
- Full 1080p HD video decoding
- Support for XBMC & DLNA from Sept via optional firmware update.