So next time you launch the game you should be able to automatically download the game through the launcher.
The changelog is huge so we are covering the best aspects of the update below.
- Wither Boss added – Three-headed flying player-created boss mob shooting projectiles at mobs that are not undead and players.
- Wither Skeletons – Spawn in Nether Fortresses and give players Wither effect when hitting them.
- Witch – Looks like an offshoot villager, throws splash potions of poison, slowness, weakness and instant damage at players.
- Bats – Spawn in dark caves and hangs on the ceiling when idle. Starts flying when players come near.
- Tamed wolves – Their collars can now be dyed by right-clicking the wolf with dye.
- Iron Golems – Now attack creepers, Slimes and Magma Cubes
- Zombies, Zombie Pigmen, Skeletons & Wither Skeletons – Improved AI and now carry equipment.
BLOCKS & ITEMS
- Command block – Intended for adventure maps, runs editable commands when triggered by redstone.
- Beacon – Intended as an endgame block, continuously glows and gives a selected status effect to players within 16 blocks while beaming a beacon of light directly upwards when activated by building a pyramid of iron/gold/emerald/diamond blocks underneath and selecting effects.
- Anvil – Used for repairing and combining enchanted items as well as for renaming any item/block for experience levels.
- Flower Pots – Lets players plant all kinds of saplings, mushrooms, flowers and cacti, dead shrubs and ferns.
- Cobblestone Walls – Available in cobblestone and moss stone variants.
- Item Frames – All items and blocks can be framed.
- Mob Heads – Are very rarely dropped when mobs are killed by players. Can be worn by players are placed on the ground or walls as decoration.
- Carrot On A Stick – Used to control pigs.
- Pumpkin Pie – Restores 4 hunger points.
- Nether Star – Drops from Withers and is used to craft beacon.
- Night Vision Potion – Brewed by adding a Golden Carrot to an Awkward Potion.
- Leather Armor – Can now be dyed in 16777215 different colors.
- Improved Multiplayer
- Improved Creative inventory
- Improved General inventory
- Updated the sound engine
- Improved Portals
- Improved Adventure mode
- Improved Breeding
- Made superflat worlds customizable.
- Added Witch Huts in swamps.
- Silverfish blocks now rarely generate in Extreme Hills biomes.
- Carrots and potatoes can now be found growing in villages.
To check out the full changelog, we suggest checking out this thread on Reddit.
Via: The Examiner