Minecraft xbox 360 update has been released! It brought a huge variety of new features and different mechanics. This is the most significant update to the title.
It’s the much anticipated Minecraft 1.8.2 update for xbox 360. People all over the world are looking out sharply for this update and it’s finally here so get ready for some jam packed features!
There is a slow rollout but it goes live from 2am PDT (10am GMT), some say it can take up to 4 hours later but be patient it’s well worth the wait!
Apart from the new features anticipated in the 1.8.2 uddate there is also a whole bunch of new fixes which I’m sure there are tons of people just like me waiting in front of our consoles to try and download.
It’s be said lots and lots of gamers are taking time off work and school for this update so lets hope 1.) No one gets in trouble and 2.) it’s worth the wait.
I’ve provided a guide of tips and tricks to help you get started.
START NEW WORLDS
The new Minecraft 1.8.2 update will allow you to see an options button with a complete list of host options with what other players can do and what the world will have when generated.
• Player vs Player – When enabled, this allows for players to harm one another.
• Trust Players – Keeps visiting players from building or destroying your Minecraft world unless you give them permission to do so.
• Fire Spreads – Allows fire to spread across the world unless stopped by the player when enabled. Fire will stay localized to the block that is on fire when it is disabled.
• TNT Explodes – Either allows TNT to blow up when enabled or doesn’t allow it when disable to keep griefers from destroying your work of art.
• Host Privileges – When enabled, the host can toggle other player’s ability to fly, disable exhaustion, and make themselves invisible. The Host Options menu can be accessed by pressing the back button in-game.
• Generate Structures – Creates villages and the like when checked.
• Superflat World – Creates a completely flat world. Ideal for Creative mode.
• Bonus Chest – When enabled, a chest containing some useful items will be created near the player spawn point.
This has been mentioned previously but Creative mode allows you to work on whatever you want without having to worry about surviving. You’ll have the option to build, decorate, food, transport and tons of other things. You can switch between survival and creative mode at any time by going to the main menu. Remember that going into creative mode moves you away from the survival leader board and goes onto another leader board.
Movement control guide below will give you an idea of how things are working.
Dash/Sprint – To sprint, double-tap the left analogue stick forward. The left stick will not let you sprint
Flight – Fly in creative mode. Press the jump button (A) twice. Once in the air, you can fly up and down by using the joystick on the right which will allow you to control your altitude and your left thumb stick will control the direction you want to fly. Use the D-pad to move slowly up or down or fly faster by double tapping the left analogue stick.
The new 1.8.2 update will allow you to charge your bow by holding down the right trigger, this is sure to cause a lot more damage!
Holding down the right trigger when holding a sword will also allow you to block, this will reduce your damage that you encounter by about half. Of course by blocking you’ll be slowed down when you try to walk.
You can also throw down some critical hits in the new 1.8.2 update by attacking something/someone mid-air or whilst sprinting. You’ll get a sparkling effect when you done some extra damage.
Here is a complete list of all the updates/fixes provided in the Minecraft 1.8.2 for xbox 360:
• Creative Mode
• Superflat world type
• NPC Villages, Abandoned Mineshafts, Strongholds and Ravines
• 12 Music Discs
• New Combat Mechanics
• Chargeable bows
• Critical hits
• Players can parry with a sword
• Ability to change the name of your world save
• Chain Armor
• Pressure Plates can now be placed on fences
• New mobs
• Cave spiders
New Food Items
• Raw Chicken
• Cooked Chicken
• Raw Beef
• Melon seeds
• Rotten Flesh
• Fence Gate
• Iron bars
• Glass pane
• Stone Brick
• Stone Brick Stairs
• Stone Brick Slabs
• Brick Stairs
• Brick Slabs
• Pumpkin Seed
• Pumpkins and Melons grow from stems much faster, and do not require farmland around the stem to grow on
• Sponges(Creative only)
• New biome
• Swamp biome
• Ocean biome
• Ocean floor now consists of Clay, sand and dirt, this makes clay easier to find
• Mountain biome
• Rivers flow through/in between biomes
• Passive mobs will randomly flee if attacked by the player or other mobs (such as Cows)
• Pig has 3D snout.
• Sugar Cane can now be placed on sand
• Chest has opening and closing animation
• User-placed leaf blocks no longer decay
• Skeletons hold full size bow
• Shears can now collect Tall Grass and Vines
• Exclusive Superflat option for the Nether
• Option to turn clouds off
• Large changes to Xbox 360 tutorial mode
• Bonus chest world option
• Option to turn PVP off
• Option to turn fire spread off
• Option to make TNT not detonate
• Option to trust players (to op players)
• Fix for duplication glitch.
• Fix for aspect ratio of things in hand when in splitscreen mode.
• Fix for issue with player data not saving (player starting world with no items they had when they saved)
• Fix for redstone tiles burning out when they shouldn’t.
• Fixed issue with Minecart with Furnace not being able to move another Minecart.
• Fixed particle code for flipped 3rd person view.