Star Trek hits your browser at no cost this summer with Gameforge’s Star Trek Infinite Space. STIS is a free to play browser based game that uses the Unity 3D engine. Some of the features include:
- Set phasers to fun: The first browser-based Star Trek MMO game is easy to pick up and play. Suitable for quick lunch break assignments as well as long exploration nights.
- It doesn’t cost the galaxy: Free to play! No software costs and no subscription fees required.
- You are in the Captain’s chair: Select your vessel from many authentic Star Trek spaceships, embark on missions and freely explore star sectors. Rise in level, gather special ship equipment or master skills by building up your own crew.
- Fascinating 3D: Stunning technology from the advanced Unity™ federation delivers rich and rewarding 3D graphics to your web browser like never experienced with flash technology.
- Your web browser is the final frontier: No client software installation to wait for, just visit www.startrek-is.com with your web browser and start playing straight away. Mac users can finally compete with PC users or even play in coop-mode.
- Play with your friends: Tackle missions on your own or join up with fellow Captains for cooperative gameplay.
- … or disintegrate them: Visit dedicated player vs player sectors to engage in combat.
- Be part of the future of Star Trek™: Experience brand-new adventures in the Deep Space Nine universe, developed and scripted by Star Trek Veterans.
We briefly got a chance to see some of the space exploration and MMO lobby. Being that it’s browser based and free, it’s almost guaranteed that Trekkies will instantly latch on to this game. You can engage in deep space battle against other players or team up with friends. You can join one of two factions, the Federation or Klingon. The game takes place during the Deep Space Nine timeline and yes, the Defiant is in the game!
The Beta test period should be starting soon and you can get more details about it at http://startrek-is.com/