Sony Ericsson in my opinion has really dropped ball with the Sony Xperia X10 software wise. The relevance of the phone always comes into question due to it seemingly running a outdated version of it’s native supported OS. At one point the X10 was running Android 1.6 while the rest if the world on Android moved on with Froyo. The news of the 2.1 although underwhelming does offer the last form of light for the series, as it seems to be the last update to put end users out of there misery.
To really explain how out of touch Sony Ericsson PR seems to be, they have seemed to been caught suggesting that Froyo isn’t needed due to there version of Eclair being in many instances ” just as good” ( Insert laugh ). This update effects all iterations of the X10 series in what had been a bunch of letdown and one of the worst handling of software support for the end user. Hopefully, the X11/12 series and beyond can never repeat these mistakes and sweeten the bitter taste of there fan base currently behind two versions of Android.
• HD video recording with continuous auto-focus for high quality videos
• Upgrade of the Android platform to Android 2.1
• New back up and restore application, with extended content back up
• 5 homescreens for apps, widgets, shortcuts and folders
• Social phonebook which automatically syncs contact pictures from Facebook and shows when your friends are online