A new update (3.60) has just came off the press to add even more functionality to the system that does all. This update for PS Plus subscribers adds the much touted Cloud Storage feature .
-Access to 150MB of space and will be able to store up to 1000 PS3 game saves.
-Ability to store copy written content.
Cloud Storage Details ( Official PS EU Blog )
- You will need a PlayStation Plus PSN account and access to the Internet to use this function.
- PS1,PS2,PSP and minis save data cannot be backed up.
- Data will be kept for a maximum of 6 months from the end of your PlayStation Plus membership.
- You can access your data on online storage, if you become a PlayStation Plus member again within 6 months (using the same PSN account).
- The process for backing up saves cannot be used on the in-game XMB.
- You can back up your data to Online Storage as often as you wish, however you may only restore data to your PS3 from online storage once every 24 hours.
- The Online Storage option will still be displayed in your menu if you are offline, even if you are not a PlayStation Plus member.
- Saved data above 150MB cannot be backed up, however you will able to back up copy-right protected saved data.
- When there is not enough space left on the Online Storage, further saved data will not be able to be backed up. The user will have to delete and free some online storage space to back up a new save.
- The maximum amount of storage space for 1 PSN Account is 150MB, and the maximum amount of saves is 1000.
Instructions on how to use this feature ( Official EU PS Blog)
To backup Save Game Data to Online Storage
To restore Save Game Data from Online Storage (Official PS EU Blog):
- Go to ‘GAME’ icon, select ‘SAVE DATA UTILITY’ and then ‘ONLINE STORAGE’
- Highlight the saved data you wish to copy.
- Press triangle and select ‘COPY’ to retrieve the save
I am very excited for this feature simply because if your at using another PS3, your game saves are in the cloud. This means you will be able to continue right where your save point was at your own residence. Very good play Sony indeed, now if you will only put Chrome as your default web browser or Cross Game Chat i will even be happier.
Is starting right where you left off on another console important to your gaming lifestyle? Comment below!
Links & Sources
Source:(Official PS EU Blog): http://j.mp/hUSdIF