For those of you interested in what’s happening with WP7 (Windows Phone 7 Series) you can watch the main keynotes at the MIX10 Virtual Pressroom I will update this post as I watch so check back often.
- The main screen is customizable much like the iPhone.
- Contacts will have multiple tabs for contact information and social networks.
- WP7 has native support for Facebook and Twitter in contacts.
- Every WP7 is a Zune Media Player!, Take that iPhone.
- WP7 will work with all Zune Apps and music.
- Silverlight is a programming tool for developers on the WP7.
- Silverlight enables ad revenue base for app programming.
- Picture hub also has native social network support.
- Third party apps can be used as extensions… accessible in areas it will be used, e.g.. photos.
- Xbox Live Achievements are in WP7 Series games.
- Xbox live avatar is on main hub of phone.
- There will be free development tools for WP7.
- You do not have to have hardware to develop apps, there is a full emulator in Silverlight.
- There is a Netflix instant watch prototype already made.
- WP7 works with full Silverlight and .net support.
- Comic book app for WM7!
- Apps will have access to location and maps – Foursquare.
- Apps will have access to microphone – Shazam.
- WM7 will have accelerometer support.
- XNA will also support WM7! 2d and 3d
- WM7 marketplace will have try and buy!
hope all the updates wet your appetite for WP7!
Hit the comments and let us know what you think!